Bringing flexible workers in a continuous manufacturing process
November 16, 2022
Gig and Take were approached by a multi-billion dollar construction materials manufacturing company to help them address their labor shortages.
Our solution right-sized the company's organizational structure by introducing a flexible labor pool to work seamlessly with their full time employees.
- Each production line is serviced by a team of 12 workers per shift
- The team consists of 9-10 Full-Time (FT) workers and 2-3 Flex workers
- Flex workers start as trainees and are tagged with senior FT workers until they show proficiency
- Flex workers are only deployed in the low / mid-skilled portion of the production line in which they are trained
- Each Flex worker is cross-trained on 3 out of the 7 operations on this line (low-skill / low-risk)
Download your copy